Sorry, this job has expired.
Meet our Hiring Managers to apply in person!
January 17th from 4pm to 6pm.
Click 'APPLY' to be directed to the registration page.
Gear for Sports is now hiring an Embroidery Operator.
As an Embroidery Operator you will operate multi and single head sewing machines to embroider name, initial, or decorative designs on garments, household articles, material, or uniforms and to stitch patches or emblems on material or garments.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required.
• Experience preferred.
• Read work order to determine type and location of embroidery.
• Enter appropriate art into the embroidery computer system.
• Select size and color thread and draw it through machine guides and bobbin.
• Remove and replace bobbin when needed.
• Adjust & regulate setscrews to control machine tension.
• Hoop garments utilizing automatic Hooper and install in the hoop guides.
• Observe sewing operation to detect defects in stitching that indicate machine malfunction. Notify supervisor of malfunction.
• Repair defective embroidery or fill in blanks left by embroidery machine.
• Use scissors to trim away backing from decoration.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Basic computer skills.
We are pioneers in the custom decorated apparel industry and we truly understand the fundamentals of decorated garments. Our products are tailored from only the finest fabrics and offer several decoration opportunities.
We also offer the industry’s largest in-house design team comprised of over 70 dedicated graphic artists. These talented individuals create over 80,000 new and custom graphics each year, and have been first to unmask many unique and revolutionary graphic processes that are unmatched and unavailable to our competitors. Gear for Sports has also built a state-of-the-art facility that enables us to produce over 70,000 garments a day with a less than 1% return rate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.